Saturday, March 28, 2009

A brief update;

I haven't blogged in a while... I've REALLY been slacking. Not due to lack of inspiration; I'm constantly experiencing blog-worthy occasions. I will sometimes even just start blogging in my head. But of course I never actually blog it HERE. 

Part of the reason is that I have actually been, like, SUPER-busy. School is going well, & I'm only going part-time. Being that I want to be accepted to UW's dental school, my foreseeable future includes a lot of calculus, biology, and chemistry. Yay...

Besides work and college, I'm also training to be a dental assistant from a dentist in Bothell right now. I LOVE IT and absolutely cannot WAIT to find a new job as an RDA in May. 

About a week ago I was invited by a friend to a church I have never been to before. It's called Mars Hill, in Ballard. There were TONS of people [1000+ I swear!], but I enjoyed it. The message of that night was more directed at the men, but I still walked away thinking about the sermon. It was a pretty cool place, check it outhere!!!

There is more good news too! I'm pretty sure we have found a place to live, my mom and I. It is a 4-bedroom town-home in the Kirkland-Woodinville area. We both love it and are going forward with background checks, etc. Originally my brother was going to possibly live at home as well, but received almost enough financial aid to cover all the costs of UW including room and board. He is responsible for $36.00. Thats right.  THIRTY-SIX DOLLARS. That means he is receiving basically $15,000.00 in financial aid next year. How amazing is that?! It is such a blessing, really, being that our family is just extremely low on funds right now =[  
Back to the new place though, we are really hoping the owners will choose us to rent to. It just seems like the perfect place, the one we have been praying and hoping for.  

Overall I'm really happy, which is such a change from a couple months ago. Only a couple things have been getting me down lately, the first being money. I AM SO BROKE. I make such little money because I can only work part time right now, but I just try to remember that come May I will a dental assistant and making MUCH more. Not so far away...
The other thing is, well, I still really miss Jeff.  Not all the time, not every day. I think about him often, yes, but only sometimes I get sad about it. I'm hoping he is happy, I'm sure he is. It hurts so much to be cut out of his life completely, but I just trust that God is guiding me. The only time I have called him since his girlfriend texted me not to was about a collection bill from Ellensburg I received a while back. It was due to him not paying a bill, on accident I'm sure, but I left him a voicemail asking him to call me back about it. He never did. Luckily the bill was small and I was able to send a check in, but it still bothered me that he didn't call back. He ALWAYS called back. The Jeff I knew wouldn't leave a bill to be payed by me. Sometimes I just want to hear his voice, & his laugh...... but I don't call. I don't want to disrupt his life. But God, do I miss him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment